Introducing a New Security Measure – Multifactor Authentication.
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies are committed to the security and privacy of your business. That’s why we’ve invested in another layer of security to the login process with BHHC’s new multifactor authentication (MFA), which launched on February 2.
This new identity verification process offers a convenient self-service application for users accessing account information through our portals and other applications. Now, all registered workers compensation portal users must sign up for MFA by resetting passwords using the “Forgot Password” feature. Property & Casualty portal users will complete identity verification through MFA using existing credentials.
For our agency partners, how you access the portal environments will change if you are dually appointed and have accounts with our Property & Casualty and Workers Compensation Divisions. Moving forward, portal accounts for each division will be accessed independently, and each division will roll out a new identity verification application. You will receive separate instructions about verifying your identity for each portal.
What is MFA?
MFA is a secure method of verifying your identity using more than just a password. If you have ever received a temporary code via text or email as a second step when logging into a website or app, that is an example of multifactor authentication.
How does MFA protect my data and information?
MFA makes it more difficult for unauthorized users to access your account. For example, even if someone attempted to log in with your username or password, they wouldn’t gain access to your account without a second form of authentication, such as a code sent to your mobile device, email, or generated by an app on your smartphone.
How do I enable MFA in the Property & Casualty and Workers Compensation Portals?
Check your email for detailed instructions, including a how-to guide, FAQs, and an explainer video to help you register and set up multifactor authentication when you log in to BHHC portals and other applications.
Why is the single-sign-on portal login experience changing for agents?
To better serve our agency partners with dual product appointment and portal access, this enhanced data security, separation of portals, and introduction of identity verification will streamline each division’s digital and service experience
Workers Compensation Specific
How do I verify my identity using MFA for the Workers Compensation Portal if I have an existing account?
- Find resources from BHHC in your email.
- Go to bhhc.com to select the appropriate portal and log in.
- Sign up for MFA and reset your password using the “Forgot My Password” feature.
- Verify your identity and access the portal.
Have Workers Compensation Portal questions? Reach out to our Webmaster team or Customer Care for assistance and guidance, or you may call (888) 495-8949.
Property & Casualty Specific
How do I verify my identity for the property & casualty portal if I have an existing account?
- Find resources from BHHC in your email.
- When logging into one of the below-listed applications for the first time, it will recognize that you do not have MFA currently set up. After entering your existing BHHC username (email) and password, you will be prompted to register an MFA type.
- To better safeguard your account, the following MFA types are being utilized: Okta Verify smartphone app, SMS, or email. Updates to privacy statutes may impact the MFA types utilized in the future.
Applications affected include: Online Raters, P&C Portal, Submission Portal, Online Admin Portal, Manage Your Policy
- Once you have successfully registered the selected MFA type, you’ll be directed to the application to continue working.
- If you access the other applications identified to use MFA, you will not need to re-register with each application, but you will need to provide the MFA code supplied by the type you chose to register with originally.
If you ever need to reset your MFA or require assistance in general, please contact Property & Casualty Client Services at [email protected] or 877-680-2442 Mon – Fri 7 am – 6 pm CST.
We’re here to support you.
Our commitment to service excellence extends to security enhancements like identity verification, and we will support you through a smooth transition
Workers Compensation Portal Users
Contact our Customer Service team at [email protected] or [email protected] if you have questions or need assistance.
Property & Casualty: Auto and Property Portal Users
Reach out to Client Services at 877-680-2442 for further assistance or email [email protected].
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) have earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry. Supported by A.M. Best’s highest financial strength rating of A++ (Superior) (as of February 1, 2023), our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. Our financial strength provides our employees, agency partners, and policyholders the security rarely available in today’s marketplace. Browse bhhc.com to learn more.